Event Log Monitoring, Management and Reporting
In addition to integration with the Windows native Event Viewer and MMC, Hyena also incorporates its own more powerful event viewing mechanism for network wide event log monitoring, management and reporting. Any server or workstation event log can be accessed in Hyena through the computer's context-menu. Hyena also supports advanced event viewing capabilities, as shown on the image below, including:
- Viewing one or more event logs from more than one server or workstation at the same time.
- Filtering events by date/time range, event ID, event type, category, description text, user/group, or source.
- Full support for event log clearing and backup.
- Viewing one or more previously saved event backup files.
- Full support for Windows XP and 200x event logs.
- NEW: Support for Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 2008/2012 EVTX (Crimson) event logs.
- Sorting support on any event column in the view window.
- Customisable event display.
- Save option for event filters for faster recall of previous settings.