Web Transfer Module for WS_FTP Server
Simple, Secure, and Flexible Browser-Based File Transfer
The Web Transfer Module – a Web-based module for WS_FTP Server and WS_FTP Server with SSH – makes it easy for users to transfer files between their computer and WS_FTP Server using a standard Web browser. With this add-on, employees and external business partners can connect to company networks and securely share files, data, and other critical business information.
Benefits of the WS_FTP Server Web Transfer Module:
- Security: Administrators define who is authorised to connect to WS FTP Server and are able to grant user access to the appropriate account, files, folders, and virtual folders. Once an end user has accessed WS FTP Server, their account settings, permissions, and privileges are automatically applied. Moreover, all files are transferred over the encrypted HTTPS protocol.
- Control: The Web Transfer Module provides IT departments with centralised administration, management, and deployment. To implement, server administrators simply enable Web access on the WS FTP Server administration console, and all user settings, such as password rules, file/folder permissions, disk quotas, and more, are all automatically enforced.
- Ease-of-use: With the Web Transfer Module, users get a simple, familiar file transfer interface to upload or download files, or even to create and delete folders on the remote server – the convenience of the Web with zero-footprint and no software to install on end users’ computers.
- Compatibility: The Web Transfer Module delivers full compatibility for end users running today’s top operating systems (Windows, Unix, Linux, and Mac) and browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari). The add-on is currently available in both English and German.
- Convenience: The Web Transfer Module eliminates the inefficiencies and security concerns related to sharing files over email and instant messaging. More importantly, it eliminates the need to manually install, manage, and maintain file transfer software on everyone’s desktop.
The WS_FTP Web Transfer Module offers a numbers of features designed to simplify and secure the file transfer process:
- Easy: Provides users with a simple file transfer interface that works on any browser and operating system
- Browser-based: End-users connect to WS FTP Server from any Internet connection over HTTP/S protocol
- Transfer Files: Easily upload/download files and create/delete folders on the remote server
- Centralised Administration & Deployment: Administrators simply enable Web access on the WS FTP Server console, and all user settings (such as password rules, file/folder permissions and disk quotas) are automatically enforced
- No software to install: There is no download required and there is absolutely nothing to install on end-user computers. Authorised people simply use their browser to connect their computer to WS FTP Server and transfer files
- Convenient: Simple way for organisations to allow employees and external business partner to connect to company networks and share information securely
- Authentication: Administrators define who is authorised to connect to WS FTP Server with the web transfer module
- Encryption: Securely transfer files over encrypted HTTPS protocol
- Deployment: Administrators can install the module on the same server as WS FTP Server or in a distributed manner on a different server
- Unlimited End Users: No limit on the number of web client users
- Use any Browser: Compatible with top browsers, including IE, Firefox & Safari
- Cross Platform: Runs on Windows, Unix, Linux and Mac browsers
- Customise: Ability to brand with your company name or logo
- Available in English & German