Web Security, Monitoring & Internet Access Control
If not managed correctly, Internet use at the workplace can result in lost productivity while also posing a huge security threat to your business. With the Internet usage monitoring capabilities it provides, GFI WebMonitor™ helps you boost employee productivity without shutting off their Internet access. It simultaneously enables you to proactively protect your network. GFI WebMonitor is the only Internet usage monitoring software solution you need as it provides multiple layers of protection, giving you peace of mind.
Reduce time wasted by employees online through the granular management of their browsin
Proactively protect your network
Control downloadable file types, scan downloads using multiple antivirus engines and block known malicious sites.
Maximise available bandwidth
Set time and bandwidth thresholds, block streaming media, and gain via proxy caching.
Manage social media use
Facebook is one of the most popular sites on the whole internet, but is it where your employees should be?
Monitor HTTPS traffic
Protect against malware masking itself in HTTPS traffic, and block attempts to circumvent web filtering.
Prevent data leakage
Block socially-engineered phishing websites and other online scams by controlling Internet access.
Reap financial rewards immediately by controlling employees’ Internet usage and protecting your network through best practices in web security.
Filter Internet use
Create and enforce an Internet usage policy to filter websites based on a list of over 280,000,000 domains.
How are your employees using the internet?
With so much entertainment and information available on the Internet it is sometimes surprising that people find time to do any work. Several surveys have found that the average is over an hour a day spent on content that is not work related. Restricting access to unproductive sites and blocking access to dangerous ones puts a company back in control of their Internet access. Manage social media sites like Facebook and blocking access.
- Are employees updating their social media pages instead of working?
- Malware is most often found on legitimate websites that have been compromised
- Most companies that suffer from slow Internet connectivity do not need more bandwidth, they just need to manage the misuse of what they already have
- According to IDC up to 40% of employee internet activity is non-work related
- Microsoft research indicates that 45% of malware infections happen when an employee clicks, downloads and runs something
- The ‘Information security breaches survey 2012’, by PWC finds that only 17% of small businesses restrict access to social media sites and half do not block access to inappropriate websites
- According to a survey by MyJobGroup.co.uk 2 million workers spend an hour a day ‘Facebooking’ at work.