Desktop Management, Configuration, Security and Support
Desktop Authority Overview
Customisation is the toughest part of maintaining an environment that keeps users productive. You have to make every desktop, whether physical or virtual, exactly right for each user without crushing IT administration resources that are already stretched to the limit.
Desktop Authority gives you a single console to configure, manage, secure and support each user's unique workspace, including the most targeted mix possible of resources, security requirements, applications, peripherals and even Outlook settings, wherever that user logs in.
Desktop Authority complements traditional desktop management, focused on software deployment and asset tracking with true user environment management for companies of all sizes and all infrastructures.
It allows you to manage the user environment across:
- Devices - Desktop Authority minimises the hassles of deploying and securing devices by customizing devices at the first log-in; it configures the firewall and controls browser security for physical, virtual and published Windows environments.
- Applications - Desktop Authority ensures applications are always available by helping you keep them running, configure shortcuts, customise settings and maintain access to network resources.
- Identities - Desktop Authority shapes the user environment to the user identity, instantly configuring drives, printers, folders, shortcuts, Outlook profiles and more all tailored to the user’s unique needs.
Desktop Authority is available in three editions: Essentials, Standard and Professional.
The edition you choose depends on your needs, your budget, and your existing desktop management solutions.
Desktop Authority - Standard Edition
Desktop Authority Standard Edition is the right choice if you need user environment management functionality to complement your existing client management solution.
- Real-time Targeting Engine: Desktop Authority tailors settings and configurations by user, computer, network address or dozens of other criteria using its patented Validation Logic targeting engine. This simplifies initial provisioning and environment setup, enforces user access policies, automatically updates configurations and settings, and more.
- User Environment Configuration: Desktop Authority configures access to company resources, manages security settings, configures Outlook profiles and Office settings, customises registry settings and more.
- Windows Environment Management: Desktop Authority takes control of the Windows environment by deploying software and service packs, controlling power schemes and inactivity settings, and tracking hardware and software.
- Device Security: Desktop Authority prevents security problems where they’re most likely to occur: at the desktop. Set security policies, manage the firewall, lock inactive computers and manage browser security and privacy settings for machines, applications and data.
- Remote User Support: Desktop Authority’s ExpertAssist remote management system allows you to manage more than 40 computer tasks without interrupting the user, including accessing system information, controlling processes, running remote command-line commands, copying files and more.
- Customise the User Environment: Let Desktop Authority -- through its patented Validation Logic -- target, configure and manage a unique user environment, no matter where users are or whether they use a physical or virtual desktop.
- Simplify Administration: Desktop Authority provides centralised, web-based management that makes it easy to deliver a secure and consistent user environment.
- Eliminate Log-in Scripting: Eliminate the need to write, test and maintain login scripts to ensure each user's environment presents the correct mix of hardware, applications and permissions. Eliminating script execution makes the log-in process as fast as possible for your users.
- Maintain Control: Let Desktop Authority track and report on usage to ensure that all computers, applications and user sessions are secure and authorised.
Desktop Authority - Essentials
Desktop Authority Essentials is ideal if you need user environment management but already have an IT infrastructure that includes Microsoft SCCM or other inventory and deployment software. It provides all core capabilities for targeting, configuring and managing the user environment. Desktop Authority Essentials does not include application deployment, patching, inventory, remote user support, auditing, and the optional components offered below.
Desktop Authority - Professional
Desktop Authority Professional is the right choice for companies with limited IT infrastructure It includes not only all the functionality of Desktop Authority Standard, but full software deployment, hardware and software inventory, and remote support functionality as well.
Both Desktop Authority Standard and Desktop Authority Professional can be enhanced through these advanced management and security options:
- Patching for desktops and servers: Keep operating systems as well as Microsoft and third party applications patched and up to date.
- Removable storage management: Prevent users from copying sensitive data to thumb drives, MP3 players or other forms of removable storage.
445 KB PDF File
441 KB PDF File
Downloads and links to evaluations