Ad Hoc Transfer Module
Now organisations can enforce all consistent policies and processes around person-to-person file-transfer interactions – security, privacy, risk mitigation, eDiscovery, and more – with the MOVEit DMZ Enterprise Ad Hoc Transfer module.
The Ad Hoc Transfer module delivers several significant benefits in the following areas:
- Visibility: Empower IT with the visibility and control it needs to give the entire organisation the data protection it requires. Plus, complete visibility into “who sent what to whom and when,” the organisation improves risk management practices.
- Management: Improve the management of any kind of transfer no matter whether they are implicit ad-hoc transfers or more explicit scheduled or recurring transfers.
- Enforcement: This powerful module gives administrators a much more effective way to enforce their most critical policies, including security, access control, data retention, and more.
- User experience: Now the organisation can improve the user experience with a simple, intuitive, and secure way to quickly send files to other people.
Benefits for File Senders: The Fastest, Easiest, and Most Secure Way to Send Files to Other People
Now there’s a better option than insecure email, third-party software, thumb drives, or file transfer websites. Not only are these tools outside of the organisation’s control and often insecure, but they are also becoming increasingly restricted as companies seek to improve governance, visibility, and security of company information.
With the MOVEit DMZ Enterprise Ad Hoc Transfer module, authorised MOVEit DMZ Enterprise users can securely transfer files (or folders of files) to anyone in the world using either a Web browser or Microsoft Outlook. They can send a package of files along with an optional delivery note to an unlimited number of recipients, even those who are not MOVEit DMZ Enterprise users. Senders can also “recall” files after they have been sent so they are no longer available for download.
Benefits for File Recipients: Fast Notification and Simple Retrieval of Files
Recipients are sent email notification the instant a MOVEit DMZ Enterprise user sends them a file. The email notification includes an embedded link to securely download the file or files, an optional note from the sender, and password requirements.
This email message can be viewed in any email client or Webmail application, and the recipient only has to click the embedded link to access the files. Recipients can also send files back to the original sender. File recipients can retrieve files from their preferred Web browser – including Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, or Chrome – without the need to install any plug-ins or additional third-party software. Recipients don’t even need to be a MOVEit DMZ Enterprise user to be able to receive the file packages.
Benefits for IT: Provide Employees with a Secure Way to Quickly Send Files to Other People
By providing employees with a secure and easy-to-use tool to securely transfer files, the Ad Hoc Transfer module reduces employees’ reliance on insecure email and third-party file transfer software and websites, not to mention thumb drives and DVDs.
This solution gives IT the visibility and control it needs to give the entire organisation the data protection it requires. Additionally, the Ad Hoc Transfer module frees IT departments from the administrative burden related to provisioning users on the file transfer server, improves overall file transfer governance, and streamlines visibility, logging, and reporting of all file transfers for compliance and auditing purposes. Administrators can automate the remote installation of the Outlook plug-in on end user computers with the MSI installation package using Active Directory Group Policy.
The module also provides all the advantages of eDiscovery. With tamper-evident logging and complete package archiving, users can access all transferred data – not just what was sent or received.
Business Benefits of Ad Hoc Transfer module
- Increase productivity: No more time spent figuring out how to send a file to someone else
- Simplify collaboration: Easily send files to anyone, both internal and external to an organisation
- No training required: Senders use their browser and/or Outlook to send